Skip to main content
Re Styled PuukkoWhen Good Enough Isn't Good EnoughOne of the best things about making knives by hand is that you're always learning. Every knife teaches you something, and sometimes that means going back to improve a piece you've already finished.A few months ago I completed this puukko. The blade performed exactly as it should, but I was never completely happy with the handle. It was slightly too long and a little too square, so the overall proportions didn't feel quite right.This week I decided to change that.I carefully shortened the handle, retained the original tang, and fitted a natural moose crown to the end. The transformation is remarkable. The knife now feels more balanced in the hand, has a more traditional Scandinavian profile, and the moose crown adds both character and a practical flared grip.As a custom knife maker, I'm never afraid to admit when something can be improved. Every knife that leaves my workshop represents the best of my skills at that moment, but I'm always striving to make the next one even better.I think this Moose Crown Puukko is now the knife it was always meant to be—simple, functional and built for a lifetime of use.Skol Knives – Built to be used.#Puukko #Bushcraft #CustomKnife #KnifeMaker #SkolKnives #GameFair2026 #HandmadeKnife #MooseAntler #ScandinavianKnife
Comments
Post a Comment